Friday, July 31, 2009

Parker Vivian has arrived!!

Our little girl, Parker Vivian, has joined the family! She was born Thursday, July 23rd, at 2:13 pm, weighing 5 lbs, 15 oz and is 19 1/2 inches long. I took her to an appointment earlier this week and she had already gained 10 oz in her first 6 days, putting her up to 6 lbs, 5 oz (after the 4 oz she lost in the hospital). Needless to say, we're not having any issues in the eating area...knock on wood. Craig's even been able to give her a bottle and she ate like a champ! She's also going 3-4 hours between feedings, so we're hoping this isn't just beginner's luck!


Parker already has both Craig and I wrapped around her little finger - she's just so stinkin' cute and we can't get enough of her.


The labor and delivery was a little rough - my water broke around 1:15 am Thursday morning, but I didn't progress much on my own in the first 6-7 hours. I was given pitocin around 8:30 am and then the fun started. I went from a 4 to a 10 really quickly. Luckily, I had an epidural after the first couple of hours and felt tons better. After pushing, an episiotomy, and a little forceps usage, Parker was here safe and sound.


This week has been spent trying to get some sleep (it's amazing how long you can exist on 4-6 hours every night) and loving every minute with Parker! We've been very fortunate to have lots of family in town too - they've all been a big help! My sister, Ally, flew up right after Parker was born, my mom and dad drove and arrived Friday, Bette, Craig's mom, landed Sat., and my other sister Denise, has also been here this week for a few days. Thank goodness for family!!


I've been feeling really good ever since the delivery - I've been able to walk the dogs and even go a little further with Parker and Peanut. It's amazing how the human body can recover from something like that! I'll be posting more pics in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe it!! It's so awesome that you have a daughter. A little volleyball player in the making. You're going to have to tell me how it feels to be a mom.

    Ayo

    ReplyDelete